Friday, April 24, 2009

Family Day @ Hanauma Bay

I think it's about time for a new post :). This past Monday, since Cameron was off, we decided to have a family day at Hanauma Bay. For those of you who have never been, its a little bay where they have pretty good snorkeling. There are tons of big, colorful fish with lots of turtles. This bay is a tourist attraction which means you need to pay $5 get in (sucks for tourists) ...if you're kama'aina, just show them your id and you get in free. But there's a catch, we ALL have to watch this 10-15 minute informational video of "look, but don't touch." It's kind of irritating but there are those not-so-bright people who still walk on the reef after being told not to. Anyways, we had a fun day with our little family and thanks to our friends, Aho, Gabs and Ola, for keeping us company.
Here Na'u is playing in the sand.
This girl LOVES the beach. She's a little fish no matter if the water is cold.

Cameron and Aho got to go out snorkeling first while the mommies stayed on the beach with the babies. When the daddies were done, they came and took over. When the mommies were finished, we came back and found this.

Why is it that when it's time for the daddies to watch the kiddies, the kiddies then decide to take a nap? I don't know.

While Cam was napping (still 1/2 awake), he over heard the following conversation from the lifeguards.

Life guard 1: Ho...that's pretty krypt.

Life guard 2: What?

Life guard 1: Check out those two guys with their kids.

He also heard similar comments from random people passing. We mommies thought that it was a very cute momment.

Here's a short video that Cam made of our day. Enjoy!

13 comments:

Sherene said...

Yeah! I new post! Mike was wondering if its a tradition to go to Hanauma when you are pregnant...like when we went for your birthday. ;)

Thanks for the sign, it turned out great! Especially made by her auntie from HI. ;)

Unknown said...

Finally! I thought you just abandoned the whole blog thing all together. Na'u is such a big girl now. Yup, time does fly by. We took Naia's pictures at Kiddie Kandids cause Kubi works there.

And as for another keiki, we aren't prego yet but maybe later on this summer after our trip to Hawaii. It won't be an enjoyable vacation for me if I am dry heaving everyday while visiting home. Anyway, to long of a comment. We are coming home on June 21st and will be in Hawaii til July 30th, so no excuses for not hanging out. Call you later with more details. Kiss Na'u and baby #2 for me. Lots to catch up on.

Sarah said...

Wow I can't believe my eyes, is this a new post i'm seeing? like 6 months later? hahaha naulei is so pretty. keep up the great blogging updates guys!

Aho, Gabs, Waiola, and Kupa'a said...

I guess I don't have to say it, since everyone else already did, but glad to see you guys posting. I still didn't do Hanauma yet. Been trying to catch up on everything else. Love the video though Cam. I thought I was close to the turtle, but you were pretty much right on top of him. =) But the best is still the dads and kids sleeping. Thanks for always planning fun stuff. What would we do without you guys???

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

I love this post... except you're missing one thing: A picture of you and your new belly! :) Next time-hopefully not in another 6 months. :)
Na'u is sooo cute! And they probably fall asleep cuz they boys are boring ;) hee hee.

Heather B said...

She's getting so big! And adorable as always. Those sleeping with Daddy pictures are SO CUTE! We might be coming out there in a few weeks!

sarana said...

wow, she has grown! congrats on the future addition. glad to see you folks are doing good. when ya'll coming back to utah?

Clarke & Lia said...

Okay. i'm certain now after looking at Na'us picture that her hair is longer than Kaileas. Poor Kailea. See you soon!!
L

Cherisse said...

Good to see how you guys are doing!!! Na'u is so cute, she was still a baby last time we saw her. It's crazy how after they turn 1 they aren't a baby anymore! Lohi, hope you are feeling ok. We will be in Maui in August, so we will for sure be coming to visit you guys! Yay! Can't wait to see you!

BETS & VETS said...

Love the new post, your lil one is so cute- and what is that I hear that you are expecting- congrats to u2!

Malia said...

Whoa! Not the full on video documentary with music and all! Super fun. What a beautiful place. Na'u has grown up so much since we saw you last! And that daddy's pic is classic. I swear dad's have some magic sleeping powers over kids. Too cute...

HaYn Mama said...

That is so classic... sleeping daddies with the babies!!!

o1ohana said...

Wow...Hanauma bay has all that kine fish?! It's been too long since I've been there. Definitely need to check that place out when we go back home. Na'u is getting so big already! My how time flies! Can't wait to see baby #2!