Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Party Fit for a Princess

Last Saturday, Na'u was invited to go to her cousin Sarai's princess birthday party. Although we were planning to go a week or so in advance, I didn't tell Na'u until the day of. If she knows that she is going to do something fun she'll keep on asking again, and again, and again. She was SUPER excited to go.


Here is Princess Na'u and the Birthday Princess Sarai.



The living area was transformed to fit royalty. I just have to share this little story of the birthday girl. Chan...hope its okay. My sister-in-law wrote this and I thought it was the cutest thing. "My grandma had the kids while I set up for the party the night before...when Sarai came home and saw all her decorations and everything set out, she was SUPER excited. She was screaming and saying how I'm the best mommy and how she loves me soooooo much and she couldn't stop kissing me and hugging me." I know we live for those moments.


There were little stations set up all around where the princesses could play. I think Na'u was among the younger ones there. She saw all the big girls doing things themselves and wanted to do the same. I couldn't tell her "NO" so this is what I got.


Here's the nail polish area where Na'u insisted on using purple.



The make-up was a hit. She knows that eye shadow goes on your eye lids so that is where she put it while she closed both eyes...at the same time :).



The girls could also decorate cupcakes. There was purple and pink frosting and sprinkles. The sprinkles was Na'u's favorite part.


I have to confess...Chan, it was Na'u who accidentally put frosting ALL over the sprinkle container. Sorry!


Look at the birthday girl....pure happiness!



All the princesses who attended the festivities.



Aunty Ava was visiting for spring break and was the BIGGEST help with Iwi Boy. Na'u needed CONSTANT supervision.



Sarai...Hope you had a wonderful birthday! We love you so much! Thanks for having us at your party. Na'u cannot wait to see you again.

4 comments:

Beccarigg said...

How adorable! Princess parties are so cute, and I love the pics of Na'u at all the stations! She looks like she was in heaven! What a blessing that she can grow up close to her cousins : )

Aho, Gabs, Waiola, and Kupa'a said...

Such a little princess. The both of them! ;)

Chris and Channy said...

I'm so glad Na'u had fun. I love that she is so girly and loves make-up and nail polish...and CUPCAKES. :) She sure loved those cupcakes. I have the cutest picture of her smiling from ear to ear while she was making/eating one of her cupcakes. I'll email it to you one these days...when I actually take all the pictures off my camera (which I haven't done in ages, haha).

M & S said...

What a cute birthday party! Owi is so adorable, he is always so happy. I love his smile! ;)