Sunday, October 3, 2010

Unlimited Messaging....A Great Feature



(Cameron's Post)
So, like most American Families, I work during the day. I guess it's my duty as Father to be the breadwinner for the family. Anyway, working a 9 hour shift as a policeman can vary. Sometimes its fun and exciting, and other times is long and boring. We'll, I'm grateful that I have a GREAT message plan with my cell phone company.

Now, I've always been kind of a tech savvy person. So, getting the new iphone was never a doubt in my mind. However, I was excited when my wife told me that she too wanted the iphone. It didn't take long before Lohi was learning all the tricks to the phone. I decided to get an unlimited messaging plan (unlimited text, picture, and video messaging), since we text each other now and then (plus I use a lot of texting for work).


Well, like I mentioned before, sometimes work can be long and boring. So of course, I call Lohi and chat with her and the kids. But talking can get repetitive. So Lohi started sending me pictures. One day, she sent me 4 pictures within a half hour time period. IT MADE MY DAY! I was able to see what my kids were doing, and put a smile on my face throughout the day.

Since then, Lohi has been great at sending me pictures everyday. She sure is taking advantage of having an unlimited message plan. Whether it be a picture of the kids swimming in the pool, a fresh injury from falling, or even some bananas growing in our backyard, the pictures make me feel like I'm with the kids all day. Thank you Lohi for taking the time to do this.


Now, she sends me videos once in a while. And with the new iphone, we can even Facetime (video chat) from time to time. Technology is great!

So for all of you who have similar message plans, take advantage of it. Send your wife/husband a random picture, or even a short video. An unexpected picture from a loved one will put a smile on any one's face.

4 comments:

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

Great post! Ya, we do that too... George sent me a couple the other morning of a MESS that Isabel made in the car. See my Nutella post. Good times.

Heather B said...

GREAT idea!

Clarke & Lia said...

Is this a blogpost or an add for the iphone? Just kidding...
That's what happens when you're like me w/ the cheapest phone and a husband who claims he'll get me one when he gets the new one... Let me rephrase that... I'll get his OLD one, when he gets the NEW one :)

Crystal said...

Nice! Loved this post Cam! Very visual;0) I haven't read your blog in awhile, I'm soooo sorry to hear your computer died. That's the scariest thing! We got an external hard drive last year, but I still worry! Thanks for the reminder...I think we need to do more, back it all up on cds or something! Sorry though! I seriously have thousands of pics...so really I need to do more than I'm doing now to save them! Glad you guys are doing so well;0) And glad you're going to be blogging more!! I always love reading what you guys are up to!!