Friday, March 28, 2008

Happy Easter!



We hope that everyone had a great Easter cause we sure did. Na'ulei woke up to find that the Easter bunny left her a basket full of goodies. She got some rice cereal and crackers, spoons and bibs, sippy cup, toy, beach floaty, and a book of signs (ASL).
















But, we think that she found the cellophane to be more interesting than anything found inside. It crackels when you touch it and it's strange that you can see through it. What baby wouldn't love cellophane :).















Then we went to church where Na'u got to wear her pretty Easter dress (FYI-this little dress is 12 month size.) Thank you Grandma Sandy.









We also got to take a family picture. Sunday's are the one time during the week where we are all guaranteed to be dressed up.





This was the first time that Lohi spent Easter with Cameron's family. Since Easter was during spring break, Lohi's family came over from Moloka'i. We all had such a fun time.
The Ing's and Tuitele's have a big Easter egg hunt. Most everyone, young and old, gets to participate. This is how it goes. Each person gets assigned an egg (plastic) color which includes solid colors, kalakoa (mismatched colored eggs like green top matched with pink bottom) ones, pastels, or patterned eggs. You're only allowed to find your color. Each person has 10 eggs to find one of which is big. Inside you're guaranteed a dollar. Once each of your eggs are found, you can look for the bonus eggs- four are big yellow eggs with red stripes, one metal, and of course, the wonderful golden egg. Each bonus egg includes money but are the hardest to find.
There we all were (21 people) running around the yard looking for these eggs, sweating, and having a fun time. We are glad to report that both Cameron and I found a big, yellow, striped egg. My little brother Ka'ohu found the golden egg. It felt like we were all kids again. I would have posted a picture of this wondrous event but it was so fun, no one had a camera handy. We were too busy. Can't wait til next year.

11 comments:

DeCaires Chronicles said...

Hiding the eggs in the rug was a cool idea but I think I should've just done it in the grass in the yard...?? I dunno! But I like how you guys had your little egg hunt! THAT is a good idea. Now to just get my husband and my in-laws all jazzed up about doing it then maybe I can do it next year. Anyway, Na'ulei is such a big girl! A 12-month old outfit?! She looks beautiful!

Kea said...

Such a cute family picture! And baby is so chubby and cute!

Emily Kikuchi said...

Sounds like ya'll had a blast! Super fun hunt idea! And Na'ulei looks so stinkin cute in her easter dress! I love it!

Chris and Channy said...

Ooh...looks like you guys had a fun easter! We love all the pics...especially the ones of Na'u. She's a cutie. Can't believe how fast she's growing. Anyway, take care guys!

Melani said...

Cam & Lohi! This is Mel (Tolman) Johnson. I noticed Chris and Channy's link on Dane and Leo's blog yesterday. Then I noticed yours. I'm so excited I accidentally found you guys. You have the cutest little girl! She has the prettiest smile! Anyway, how are you guys? Let's keep in touch. I'm putting your name on my blog whether you like it or not! :)

Heather B said...

Oh, those Easter pictures turned out DARLING!!! That is the cutest dress ever! Great idea with a baby easter basket...

pomai♥stephen said...

beautiful family pictures! naulei is gorgeous!
take care,
pomai

Sherene said...

Love the new family picture! I can't believe Na'ulei is wearing size 12 months, she is catching up with Kai'ava. Can't wait for them to play together in May!

sarana said...

what a cute rplie polie! great idea on the hunt also. nice family picture.

Cherisse said...

She's soooo cute! You guys look good!

B said...

I miss the tuiteles! nice ohana pic guys....fyi..we put our blog to private so send me your email address so i can add you guys....kutanase(at)hotmail(dot)com