Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fun, Fun, Fun!

Two weeks ago, Mama Dino, Uncle Ohu, and Aunty Ava visited us for a week. We live in the middle of town and it's kind of dangerous with the fast cars and random people. The kids are used to going out the front door and entertaining themselves (on Moloka'i that is) so it was kind of different for them not being able to. We had to find different ways to entertain them. We had a blast. Here is what we did.

We went to the zoo.

...saw some elephants....


...pelicans and antelopes...



...african safari animals...
...and this cute timon (from the Lion King).



We then continued on to the Keiki Zoo where you could actually touch the animals.



We took pictures with the pigs...



...the goats...


...and this cute lama. I think he thinks that we're interesting creatures.

Did you notice in this lama picture that Na'ulei only has one sock? If you were wondering, no, the lama didn't bite it off....it was the GOAT. Look closely in the goat picture and you'll notice that I am holding the sock in my hand. I was trying to get close enough to have a nice picture with the goat and then all of a sudden...BAM...it bit off Na'ulei's sock in one swift motion. It tried to eat it fast but I was faster. I snatched the sock out of his mouth. With one more bite, I think we could have kissed that sock goodbye.



On another day we went to the Hawai'i Chilren's Discovery Center. I'd recommend going there if you have kids. It's a neat place where kids can learn and play at the same time.

Here the kids are learning about the body.


The kids can learn about people in wheelchairs. There was a small obstacle course behind and it's actually harder than you'd think.


There was a small town with a grocery store...

...a fire station...

...a police station (just like daddy)...


...a news cast room...

...and a garage.

Another floor showcased homes from different countries. You could even play dress-up.

Here we are in Japan...


...and the Philippines (these two pictures are for you Kiki).


This is what they ride in the Philipines.



All in all, it was so much fun. If you go...hope you have a good time.


7 comments:

Chris and Channy said...

So cute Ava and Ka'ohu. Looks like they had a really good time at the Discovery Center. Sarai loves that place. Haven't taken Kaehu there yet, but we will. Keep posting pictures. We love seeing new stuff on your blog! Love you Cam, Lo and Na'u girl!

Leo said...

that place looks so cool. we will need to look that up next time we are down there.

na'ulei is getting so big. i love, love her thighs!

Cherisse said...

Fun, I like how in the first few pictures the kids are smiling and then the third one they have straight faces. Are they you're little brother and sister? They're so cute. Your other pictures are fun. I said to Ryan the other day, When can we go to Hawaii? and he said, soon. So hopefully sooner than later.

Emily Kikuchi said...

You are such a cute mom!!!!

DeCaires Chronicles said...

Oh I LOVE that Discovery Center. Where is that? I think I will do that next time I come home. Anyway, how nice Na'ulei got to play with other kids. I always worry about that with Mosiah - that he wants to play with other kids more often!

Anonymous said...

I trip how much Ka'ohu looks like your brothers...i was so glad I got to hang out with you guys. Hope we can do it again soon. Maybe Officer Tuitele can come to my school's Career Day next May. By the way Cameron, I'm thinking about getting the Macbook, but 24 inch seems so big and expensive I might go with the 20 inch. Love you guys...Loni

Baby Ruth said...

na'ulei is growing up! can't believe she's eating food already! dang! we're starting gary on rice this week! love the discovery center. never been to the one back home, but they got one over here in kc. we love it so much, we actually became members of it... what a dork yah?