Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We Love Vacation!...continued

Whenever we're home we have to go to our favorite beach.

Aunty Ava had this tube which was perfect. Her little butt fit perfectly in the puka (hole). As you can see, Na'u was just kickin back with legs crossed, completely content with licking the salt water from her face.

We always take goofy pictures. I think it's funnier to look at these than the serious ones. Ava didn't know what to do though.

My dad put an opihi shell over his eye and Na'u was very interested in it. She kept trying to grab it.






I love going home because I get to relax. We were at home for 8 days, and of those days, I think I gave Na'u 2 baths. Papa Ipo would make her water, bathe her and let her play until she was done. Sometimes she would even get extra play time in the middle of the day.


Here Na'u is trying to put this shoe on. She walked over there on her own (with the help of Aunty Ena) and kept trying to put her foot in. At least we can see that she knows where it goes.


We found these little clips and put her hair up in pig tails. She was born with an old man head so now that her hair is growing out, only the hair on either side of her head is long enough to do this to. I think she looks more like a girl so hopefully people won't mistake her for a boy anymore.

Na'u learned a lot of things while we were home. Now when SHE wants to go walking (on her own two feet with assistance) she'll crawl over to someone, grab their fingers and scream, demanding you stand up. She then proceeds to walk (pretty fast considering her age) holding on to your fingers. Na'u has a head of her own cause she knows exactly where she wants to go. If you try to derail her direction, she twists her little body and whines until she gets what she wants.

Here is another thing that she picked up. Enjoy!

We had so much fun going home. Our next trip will be in a few weeks for my brother's farewell. Keola was called to serve the people of Denver, Colorado and reports to the MTC on October 8. We are so excited for him yet sad that he'll be gone. He sure does makes us laugh and is always so generous. Good luck and we love you Uncle Ola!

















10 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Okay, I love the picture of her relaxing in the floatie with her legs crossed! That is priceless! What a fun thing to be home and relax! I can't believe Na'u is already walking! How old is she? What a cutie though, I can't wait till Brinley's old man hair is long enough to make pig-tails! (I'm sure it will be awhile!)

HaYn Mama said...

My gosh she's grown so much since July. I love the video of her playing peek-a-boo. . . das my fave when babies do that.

M & S said...

We don't know when we will return to HI. Its such a long flight! Na'u is getting so big, she is gorgeous. We are looking forward to the next time K and Na'u can play together. We love having most posts, keep them coming.

Clarke & Lia said...

LOVE her hair. I've forgotten what it's like to have a baldy:) Sooo cute!!
Can't wait to see her next month.
lia

Megan Akinaka said...

i know texas isn't as appealing as molokai, maui or utah... but i'm here and so is the invitation for you to come. I miss you guys too!
oh well, when you get rich i guess!
much love, meg
ps. i liked all the pics... my fave is her pigtails, she's so cute and happy!!... i wonder if people would still mistake her for a boy if she had her hair done up! =) hehehe

Anonymous said...

Teeth and almost walking?!!! Where have I been? I was actually at home that weekend...I saw aunty teura when I was flying back to oahu and she said you had been home. guess we missed each other...next time. Love, Loni

Baby Ruth said...

I get so homesick seeing you guys home! lucky! love the pics. na'u is growing up so fast!
So we have decided to go private with this blogging thing, so if you want, send your email address to me. ruthahuna@yahoo.com.
Take care.
Ruth and Ammon

Heather B said...

She's just the cutest thing ever, I loved the crossed legs in the floatie picture so much! And the video! And the pigtails! Adorable!

Unknown said...

I hope you don't mind... I took a look from Aubrey's blog... Na'u is a cutie. Your clips are the cutest! My fav is the peek-a-boo video.

Aho, Gabs, Waiola, and Kupa'a said...

You and me need to vacation together. I laughed when I read your blog though. When I went home, I only gave Waiola a bath once. And it was an extra "play time" bath. My mom wouldn't let me do anything. Miss you guys! Oh...and I apologize for my scavenger of a husband. He goes to anyone with food. Sorry!