I just had to post these pictures from when the Maui cousins were over.
Here they are...Na'u, Myla, and Kailea sporting the pigtails. I know, I know...you just have to look very closely to see Na'u's. Myla has TONS of hair that beat both Na'u and sister Kailea...put together!
HELLO??!!!

Wassup, Dude!
HELLO??!!!
Wassup, Dude!

I just have to share....
One night, Clarke and Lia went on a date. A date wouldn't be a date if all the kids went along so, I stepped in to watch the keikis. Kayla and Teija were content with watching the Disney station so I pretty much had to keep an eye on Na'u and Kailea (Myla got to go with mommy and daddy). If you know Kailea, she takes a while to warm up to most people. My mission when ever I see her is to break that little shell. I guess now that she's a little older, it's a little easier but I still have to do some work. Well, this particular night, Kailea was fine with mommy and daddy gone and was actually talking my ear off. I loved it. I don't think I've heard her talk so much.
One night, Clarke and Lia went on a date. A date wouldn't be a date if all the kids went along so, I stepped in to watch the keikis. Kayla and Teija were content with watching the Disney station so I pretty much had to keep an eye on Na'u and Kailea (Myla got to go with mommy and daddy). If you know Kailea, she takes a while to warm up to most people. My mission when ever I see her is to break that little shell. I guess now that she's a little older, it's a little easier but I still have to do some work. Well, this particular night, Kailea was fine with mommy and daddy gone and was actually talking my ear off. I loved it. I don't think I've heard her talk so much.
We were playing and talking and then all of a sudden Kailea says, "My mommy and daddy came home." I then tell her, "Quick! Hide!"
She quickly gets up and finds the best hiding spot....under the rocking chair.

Someone (Na'ulei) sees the action going on and wants to join in the fun. She then proceeds to squeeze through the small opening to be with cousin.
Na'u's thoughts, "It's a little tight but, we can fit! Hmmmm, this is actually quite comfy."
Kailea's thoughts..."Well, false alarm. Mommy and Daddy wasn't home yet so we came out. That was fun though!"

I love my cousin!
Clarke, Lia, I hope watching the kids for a little bit was something in your book :). I know it wasn't an over night thing like good Aunty Megan but it has to count for something.


4 comments:
i love baby love pics. Lia and Clarke are so lucky to have a loving sis-in-law like you!
Girl it was so hard for me to have just one child. . . it's like the world revolves around that child's every move. Then the second came along as a surprise and I was so beyond scared but we were blessed and it was a whole lot easier for us to have two. Then 3 came and the hardest part is shopping for groceries. Now we'll see what 4 will be like.
I thank my mission experience for putting me into a situation where I had to love a group of sister missionaries as a whole. . . and each one for her own personality. It taught me how to make my love stretch for my own children and appreciate them as individuals.
Are you guys planning on having another child in the near future?
I cannot believe that the two of them fit under there together. That is a feat all in itself. Very impressive. And Lohi...are you trying to score a song?? I think watching 4 kids counts for a lot!!
Myla is so big! I love the pigtail picture, I'm sure Na'u's will come in soon. K misses her cousins, we can't wait for the next reunion!
i appreciate the shout to the wonderful and fabulous Aunty Megan!
oh and props to lohi... don't worry, if you have kids its basically impossible to fill my shoes... so i gotta live it up while i'm still single and childless! =)
Post a Comment