I woke up on Valentines Day with my two babies to find this on the kitchen counter. Cameron had already left for work.
Most nights I fall asleep while putting the kids to sleep. I then wake up 1 or 2 hours later to finish whatever needs to be done like putting food away or putting on the kid's pajamas. I usually find Cameron on the computer and make it a point tell him to "go to sleep already" before I head back into the room. Cam knew this so on Valentines Eve, he waited for me to wake up one last time before he set up my V-day surprise. Sneaky Cam :).
Daddy was soooo kind to get Na'u a little (BIG) chocolate bar too. Can you tell that she was SUPER excited?
This is what her message was. I thought it was so cute.
My pediatrition advises no nuts til age 3 because so many people are allergic. We've been telling and practically drilling into her (since she's been eating regular food) that she can't eat nuts. She has sneaked a few candies with nuts here and there. We know she isn't allergic so my doc says that its ok to eat it but it's too late. She doesn't like them because of us. Now she spits them out and says, "No nuts!"
Our bad.
Day after valentines, we ate dinner at a Korean Yakiniku Restaurant with our friends Aho and Gabby.
Among the meats on the grill was tongue....cow tongue. I wasn't going to try it but did. It tasted like regular beef. Plus too, it blended in on the "cooked" meat plate and we were all just grabbing and eating.
Thanks for the date night!
Having kids definitely makes things a little bit more complicated. I wanted to make a pretty cake for Cam and some chocolate dipped strawberries but that didn't happen the day of.
On Valentines Day, I baked the cake and frosted it but ran out of frosting to finish decorating it. By the time Cameron came home from work, he had a lovely white plain cake. I didn't get to finish it that day but I DID finish.
I'm taking a cake decorating class and I thought it was fitting to show off some of the things that I learned. I like the flowers the best.
I just got around to doing the strawberries. I had planned to get the strawberries on Valentines Eve but that didn't happen. Both my kiddies were tired and crying. There are just some things in life that have to wait :). Today is Friday and I surprised Cam when he got home from work. I guess you can look at it as celebrating Valentines Day the WHOLE week.
Milk Chocolate drizzeled with White
White Chocolate drizzeled with regular chocolate
I tried to do the bow tie version.
They were ALL so yummy!
Happy Valentines Day babe! Can you believe that this was our 8th Valentines together? I LOVE you MORE everyday! Can't imagine my life without you.
Valentines Day is also my mom's birthday and Cameron's grandpa's birthday. Happy Birthday! We LOVE you!
Ok, so many things to love about this post. LOVE Na'u's smile with her candy bar. So hilarious! And, love the chocolate dipped strawberries. So professional looking! But hello...did you make all new roses? Cause those ones look like fat ones and I swear you did regulars in class. ;) Can't wait to decorate our cakes this week. Yours is too cute though. But, can I just say...my hubs looks like such a grump in the picture. All of us smiling...and then him. Aiya!
I'm so jealous of your cake decorating class... Another one of my dreams that will probably never happen... or at least not until all the kids are in school (which means, by then it will be a little too late cuz they won't want me to make them cutsie cakes). Right now I'm at the "buy the decorations" stage and slap it on the cake. Sad, i know. Anyways, looks like fun! Lia
Aw.. Cameron is so sweet to leave you flowers! I love that he left candy for Na'u too! Doesn't that just melt your heart? Those strawberries and your cake look amazing! I really want to take a cake decorating class, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to frosting!
Good job on your cake! Sooo cute:) Looks yummy too! Your strawberries looked yummy too! And what a sweet husband you have! I just LOVE Valentine's Day! Soooo much fun:)
oh no nuts is a good rule! caisen is very VERY allergic to nuts. he can't even touch them. it's crazy what we're limited to do bc of his allergy. i wish my pediatrician would've told me to wait. we are definitely going to do it with anela this time around.
Na'ulei loves to be the big sister. She is a really good helper especially with her baby brother. Na'u loves to draw and has somewhat become a perfectionist.
Ka'oiwi
Iwi Boy is a very energetic toddler. He loves sticks, drums, and running...away from me. Although he can be a rascal at times, he has the hugest heart.
Loli'i
Loli'i is the newest member of our growing family. He is our little "cruiser" who has a smile to melt anyone's heart!
8 comments:
Ok, so many things to love about this post. LOVE Na'u's smile with her candy bar. So hilarious! And, love the chocolate dipped strawberries. So professional looking! But hello...did you make all new roses? Cause those ones look like fat ones and I swear you did regulars in class. ;) Can't wait to decorate our cakes this week. Yours is too cute though. But, can I just say...my hubs looks like such a grump in the picture. All of us smiling...and then him. Aiya!
So cute! Your little family is adorable and your cake and strawberries look delicious!
look at you mrs. talented! that cake looks amazing! the candy bars are adorable. :)
I'm so jealous of your cake decorating class... Another one of my dreams that will probably never happen... or at least not until all the kids are in school (which means, by then it will be a little too late cuz they won't want me to make them cutsie cakes).
Right now I'm at the "buy the decorations" stage and slap it on the cake. Sad, i know.
Anyways, looks like fun!
Lia
i'm so impressed lohi with your skills. all of it looks great.
Aw.. Cameron is so sweet to leave you flowers! I love that he left candy for Na'u too! Doesn't that just melt your heart? Those strawberries and your cake look amazing! I really want to take a cake decorating class, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to frosting!
Good job on your cake! Sooo cute:) Looks yummy too! Your strawberries looked yummy too! And what a sweet husband you have! I just LOVE Valentine's Day! Soooo much fun:)
oh no nuts is a good rule! caisen is very VERY allergic to nuts. he can't even touch them. it's crazy what we're limited to do bc of his allergy. i wish my pediatrician would've told me to wait. we are definitely going to do it with anela this time around.
Post a Comment