Friday, February 5, 2010

More DADDY Time, Please!

Since Cameron has started working at the Kalihi Police Station, his shift was from 2:00pm to 11:00pm. Everyday I would let him "sleep-in" til about 9 or 9:30am (I would be up with Na'u already) and he would get ready for work around 1pm and be gone @ 1:30pm. This schedule left us, his WONDERFUL family, with only 4-5 hours of daddy time. This was NOT ENOUGH.


Just recently, 2 weeks now, he switched over to the day shift from 6am to 3pm. I can already see a big difference. I LOVE it! When he comes home, there's enough daylight for all of us to do family stuff. Here are some of the things that we did.


We went to the park and fed some birds. They were pretty nasty and dirty but we only fed them. We didn't touch them.



This is a close up of #3. She threw bird feed in her hair sooo many times without even knowing it. She cracks me up!





We also went to Ala Moana to watch the pretty fish. We actually went to the mall because Cameron had to cut his hair. Watching the fish was a way that I could keep my kiddies entertained without working too much :). At one point, Na'u reached in the water to try and touch them. If she could, I bet she would be swimming with them.


Notice her "smile" in the upper left picture? This is the smile I get when she has been trying to smile for TOOOO long. I just COULDN'T get the picture I wanted with the "nice" smile but I do love this one.


With Cam's new scedule, he's there to play with us, help with bath time, eat dinner, and sleep with us. Did I mention that I LOVE IT :)? Na'u is still getting used to it. Before, when daddy was gone she knew he was at work. Now, she's not used to him being gone in the mornings and asks,"Where's daddy?" I'm looking forward to more family time with daddy.

7 comments:

Aho, Gabs, Waiola, and Kupa'a said...

Gotta love 2nd watch! Now, if only they'd go back to the 4 10's. Or better yet, 3 12's. That would be fabulous! Glad you guys get more Daddy time/ ;)

M & S said...

We love Na'u's smile! The longer K holds her smile, the crooker it gets. Enjoy more time with Cam, he's a great dad!

pomai♥stephen said...

oh im SO jealous! stephen is an accountant for a freakin huge accounting firm and this time of year his hours SUCK! he leaves before the kids are up and gets home at earliest 10:30pm! its single mom time till the beginning of april...aghhh! don't be shocked if you see pics of me bald haha.

Crystal said...

NICE! I love it when daddy's home. It's funny how much fun it is to have them around more!!

Beccarigg said...

That would be so awesome if Taber came home at 3:30!!! I'm seriously jealous! How fun that you guys can get out and have extra family time. Also how cool that the weather allows you do to do that in the winter. So lucky : ) (and great pics too! Na'u is too stinking cute!)

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

Wait, Cameron goes to work at 6am? Does he make it on time? hahaha
Nah, good job, Cam! LOL We're proud of you... shocked? yes. but proud nonetheless.

saraH said...

my girls are such daddy's girls too. she's a cutie!