I've always admired those of you who are consistent with your blogs. My intentions are there and I go through little spurts of wanting to up keep this thing but always fall into those non-posting slumps. I would like to change that.
This sudden change came on because of what happened to our computer a few weeks ago. It DIED. All of our information...gone. The computer wouldn't even turn on. The most important things on there was ALL of our pictures and videos from the past two years. Cameron was on a mission to retrieve whatever we could. He hopped on craigslist and found a guy out in Laie. As soon as he was off from work he headed out there. This guy worked on it for a few hours with no success. Cam found another guy out in Kapolei and went straight there. Cam left the computer with him and after a few hours, he was able to get our pictures from 2009. This guy said that the longer the computer ran, the more corrupt the system became. Since it took so long, he got a new part (I don't know what it's called), reinstalled everything, and gave us back the old hard drive. I was happy to know that all of Iwi's birth and the first half of his life was saved and that MAYBE someone else could get the rest of the pictures and videos. Through "police business" Cameron met this other computer wiz who offered to help. I was so hopeful. This computer guy tried but the old computer went COMPLETELY dead. I'm so SUPER sad even til this day. I don't think that I'll ever get over it but I'm looking forward to taking even more pictures then before.
Although this is such a sad story, I have definitely learned my lesson. We always meant to back up our files but never got around to doing it. Please learn from us. Don't wait till tomorrow. Just do it. I'm also kicking myself because if I had kept up with this blog, then I would have had most of my pictures...at least the more important ones anyways.
So with all of that being said, I'm starting this thing up....again :).
A few days ago, I mentioned to Cameron how one of these days (maybe when Na'u is older), I'm not going to be around to fix her hair and that he would have to do it. Right then he went to it. He pulled her hair back into a lower ponytail and tied it. Not to bad from the front. 
Here's the back.
If you look a little closer, daddy didn't use a rubberband. He used a twist tie from the bread. My poor girl will be going to school with her hair all made up with a TWIST TIE :). I better coach him now so that when the time does come, Cameron will be able to use a rubberband and maybe even do some fancy hairdos like braid. But for now, we'll stick to the basics :).
And for your viewing pleasure, some brotherly/sisterly love.
These two make me smile. Even though they occasionally fight, I can tell that they love eachother. 
I can't believe how big they both are getting. Too fast!
I am a proud mommy!
PS-If you haven't already, go and back up all your important files NOW!
Monday, September 20, 2010
Our Sad Story with Some Cute Stuff Too
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Lohi! Oh my gosh, the exact same thing happened to us about 4 years ago. It was heartbreaking. We tried a lot of options too but the only way to get anything back was to pay over a thousand dollars and we were in grad school and just couldn't afford it. I was sick to my stomach though, we lost so many pictures that we'll never get back, mostly of Teya's first 8 months of life. Back then I didn't have a blog but we did have a family website that I had posted a few pictures on that we were able to salvage. Still, it was a huge loss. Since then we back everything up on CD's and an external hard drive. I also try to keep our blog pretty up to date and print out books of it every 6 months so we never lose those memories again. I'm so sorry that happened to you guys! Glad to see some updated pics of the kids though, they are so darling and nice job Cam on the twisty tie ponytail! hehe!
that really stinks, lo! and cam-i hope since this experience you have bought an external hard drive to back up your files.
OMG!!!! I am crying for you. But, you got it all back, right? Or most of it? I hope so. And the first thing I'm doing when I log off of this is back up our pictures. But glad to see you up on the blog. We miss the you guys and the kids. They're getting so big already. And I LOVE Cam's hair styling. SO like him to use a twisty tie. LOL! Oh well...at least he tried. Gotta give him credit. ;)
oh my gosh, that's horrible! i'm going to go and back up ALL of my pictures after this...that would be a complete NIGHTMARE for me!
on a side note, your babies are sooo adorable together! can't wait till our son is a bit older and he and his sis can roll around like that ;)
Post a Comment