Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Mom, I'm a BIG girl now!"



Our girl is definitely getting big but she's still our little girl. Na'u celebrated her 3rd birthday way back on November 26th. We had a little party at home with her favorite colors purple and pink (orange was just an added bonus).

I made these super easy tissue pompoms to hang around for decorations.


Goody bags for the keikis.


I really wanted to make Na'u's birthday cake and plus too, I wanted to practice my cake decorating skills. I came up with this.


I made purple roses, white daisies, and little pink and orange flowers.


Super HUGE THANKS to my friend Gabby who helped me get the right consistency for the buttercream. It was starting to look like a disaster until she came.


By the end of the night, after everyone had taken a piece of cake from the BOTTOM, it toppeled over :).


Thanks to my mom who made the ONO food! We had rice, potato salad, green pasta salad, baked beans, deer meat, char shiu chicken and sweet BBQ chicken. I wish I got a picture of the food but I have the next best thing...the kids eating it :).


Iwi eating with Gma Sandi.


I LOVE this picture of the kids.


After eating, we had a little scavenger hunt for the kids. Cameron sat all the kids down and told them of a typical Na'ulei day. The story was full of things that the kids had to find or take a picture with. They had to find a mango leaf, a piece of mail, a Na'u dollar (money we made for her birthday last year), a left slipper, grass, lemon leaf, a white flower and pictures with the swing, on the bench, with torch ginger, and one with the birthday girl. It was fun watching the kids run around the yard.





Poor Iwi Boy didn't last.


Aunty Leila helped Na'u open her presents.


We LOVE our "big" girl!

4 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Wow! Can't believe she is 3!!! What an adorable birthday party, you did a great job with the cake and decorations! Happy Birthday little Na'u!

♥The Fatongia's♥ said...

FUN! and I LOVE the cake! you're sooo talented! Happy Birthday Na'ulei!

Aho, Gabs, Waiola, and Kupa'a said...

Ok, first of all...i LOVE the pictures. Such good shots. And second...I can't believe we haven't seen you since then. But...this week, right? lol. And last, that cake was ALL YOU! ;) Oh, and we love that big girl too!!

Pili said...

I know it's March already but I love reading your blog:) So informational and Adorable at the same time.