Sunday, January 23, 2011

Our Little Getaway

It seems that the holidays of 2010 were just balled up into one big whirlwind. This proved to be sure for us especially in December. This was Cameron's busiest month singing with A Touch of Gold (they sing mostly oldies stuff like songs from the Temptations) with shows every single weekend. In one night they sang 3 shows moving from one to the next. More shows = more income but at the same time, we loose daddy time (something I was not crazy about since it was the holidays). With Cameron being at his regular job and then shows during the night, I was home with the kiddies a lot by myself. When Cristmas rolled around, my family wanted the kids and I to join them on Moloka'i, because it was my younger brother's 1st christmas back from his mission. The kids and I went but Cam couldn't. This was the first Christmas that we've spent apart. The kids and I were there for about a week. While we had fun on Moloka'i (something I still need to post about :), it wasn't the same without our Cameron.

We finally returned back home a few days after Christmas, and was able to spend New Years Eve with Cam. BUT, he had a show that night too, so...it wasn't exactly the best FAMILY time. Anyway, the holidays passed, and we were beginning to get back into our normal routine. Cam and I thought that as a couple, we didn't really get time to ourselves during the holidays. SO, we went on a little getaway and stayed at the Marriott in Waikiki compliments of Cameron's cousin, Monica. Thanks Monica! We stayed there 3 days and 2 nights. It just so happen to be my dad's birthday the same time so we figure, we get my parents a room too for a night. My parents have been married for 30 years and have never been on a vacation. We thought it would be a nice present where they could stay at a hotel, eat out, and just relax. It took a little convincing, but they agreed to come a day early to come and stay at the hotel.

This is what it our rooms looked like.


Both of our rooms were on the same floor...just a few doors apart. I don't know if that was a good or bad thing because our kids kept on wanting to visit papa and mama's "house" practically the entire time.

That night we took my parents out for a birthday dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. I love this place. They give a good amount of ono food and the cheesecake is to die for. Whenever we go there, both Cam & I never finish our food. Sometimes we are so stuffed that we don't even order dessert.

After dinner, we walked back to the hotel and to keep Na'u and Iwi in our room, we made them a tent. They loved it! But, Iwi soon discovered that breaking the tent down was way more fun than lying down under it...typical boy :).

The next day, I asked my dad how his night went. His reply was, "I couldn't sleep all night. I was tossing and turning. There were too many pillows. The bed was too soft and I was way too full." Too funny. I hope you had a Happy Birthday anyways dad :). Love you!

The best part of our little getaway was when my parents took the kids back with them to Moloka'i. Cameron and I got to spend one more night in the hotel...just the two of us. We did miss our two monkeys though. It was nice to have some peace and quiet yet at the same time, we almost didn't know what to do with ourselves. Let's just say there is never a dull moment with them :). This little getaway was just what we needed...enough to relax a little bit to recharge our batteries. Thanks mom and dad! You're the best!

3 comments:

Beccarigg said...

We totally stayed at the Waikiki Marriott on our Honeymoon! So much fun! That's so great that you guys got to have some time away as a family and also as a couple. The kids looks so cute in their little tent, we'll have to try that next time we stay in a hotel : )

Aho, Gabs, Waiola, and Kupa'a said...

Wow! So nice the rooms. And gotta love the tent. Ola's favorite part is breaking it down too. ;) Glad you guys got some away time. And your dad...SO funny! Sound like my dad!

Hogg Family said...

I totally blogger stalked you!! =) Hope it's ok. Looks like you guys have so much fun!