The night before Halloween I thought it would be a great idea to do Halloween stuff to get into the mood. We invited Megan, Eva and Kanalu and their two girls, Naia and Sarai.
I had the fabulous idea of making sugar cookies with the keikis.
They had soooo much fun punching out the different shapes, getting flour EVERYWHERE, decorating them and of course eating them.
When it was time to do the pumpkins, I thought that they would have fun taking out all the goowey "guts" but not really. Iwi refused to even feel the goo and as you can see...
...Na'u tried and basically posed for the picture. Her facial expression in the first and second picture pretty much sums it up---yuck!
Here are the daddys doing their thing. Cameron did the blood-shot eyes pumpkin while Kanalu did the evil looking one.
One of these days, I'm going to do a pumpkin all by myself. I'm usually the one to do the guts part but thats not all that fun when you do it year after year. Honestly, how hard could carving be?
Earlier in October, we made hand print spiders and ghosts that the kids had a blast with. What kid doesn't like painting their hands...but of course we had to help them cause I'm sure that we would have paint EVERYWHERE (just like the flour). When they were all dried, we hung them from the ceiling right outside our bedrooms.
Everyday (even now), Iwi stands under them, pointing and says "pider, pider." I love it!
All you moms who craft with your kids have inspired me to do so too. I always mean to do fun things (especially around the holidays) but never get around to doing it. It's fun to do things out of the norm and I love that we are building memories together. So thank you other moms!





1 comment:
It's SO GOOD to see your posts! You have a beautiful family! Your sugar cookies look awesome. Did Eva and her family move there? Love your photo at the top of your blog. :)
Post a Comment