My poor kids are almost always cooped up in the house. I stay at home cause competing with cars and people are not my thing. But, I don't really take them in our yard because it's usually always HOT and cars drive REALLY FAST through our road. I'm always scared that the kids will venture onto the road if we turn our head for a split second. The kids have stepped off the curb before (very scary) but for the most part, are pretty good about it.
Last week after Na'u got home from school, she asked if they could stay outside for a little while. I said it was ok and sat down on the bench to watch them. They were literally chasing each other in a little circle that was probably 4 or 5 yards across. It was so funny because they were laughing and getting a kick out of it. They were having the best time ever.
When running in the circles got old, they went and got some "chopsticks (=chalk)" (for some reason, Na'u always gets confused and switches chalk and chopsticks all the time) and bubbles. What kid doesn't like chalk and bubbles?!
Na'u started off with a flower that had a stem that kept going and going and going.
Flowers are her specialty.
Iwi got into it too.
How-to-Blow-Bubbles
1. Dip 2. Blow Carefully...
...3. Watch in awe.
My kids could blow bubbles ALL day!
I love my happy, chubby baby!
This face makes me smile :).
Playing outside, giggles & laughs, keikis playing nicely, chalk, bubbles, and cute & gummy smiles are some of the simple things that make us happy.




1 comment:
I love this post Lohi! Such a good reminder to indulge our kids in those simple things more often. We stay cooped up inside a lot too because it's so cold! But when I Iet the kids bundle up and go outside they have a blast! It's a lot of work and not always convenient but so worth it to see the smiles on their faces. You are an awesome little mama : )
Post a Comment