The kids woke up Christmas morning to find our Christmas tree decorated (another story for another time) and full of presents. They were so excited! Na'u opened our door to wake us up and said, "Mom! Dad! Santa came and brought us plenty presents!"
It's a good thing that our kids were patient because they didn't get to open their presents til after church. Luckily church was at 9am only for one hour but then was even shorter when all that was planned was a few Christmas songs. There wasn't any program or narration...just songs performed by different auxiliaries. This was the FASTEST church that I've ever been too.
After church, the kids dug right into the presents.
Na'u was VERY excited to pose with all her gifts. Her funniest story was ripping the wrapping paper off a Hello Kitty Trouble game from her grandma. She said, "Yay!!....I'm so happy I got this. What is it?" I think she was just happy to get something Hello Kitty.
Do you see the above picture furthest right? Yes, Na'u is posing with a package of nori.
We weren't really keeping track of the gifts that we were getting and for some odd reason, I thought that we got tons of stuff for Na'u. Every time we went shopping, I was buying for Iwi. When we finally took everything out, Iwi had WAY MORE things than Na'u....OOOPS! We were DAYS before Christmas and we had to get more things for my girl. I started getting anything that I knew she loved. I'm glad to report that she was SUPER happy when she opened the nori :).
She loved the gumball machined that she got from Mama and Papa. Check out that excitement. More than half the gum was gone by the next day. Hopefully I don't find chewed gum all over the house.
She loved the gumball machined that she got from Mama and Papa. Check out that excitement. More than half the gum was gone by the next day. Hopefully I don't find chewed gum all over the house.
Iwi wasn't in any rush to open gifts. He looked in his stocking and Santa had left him some gold fish. He sat there in the middle of the presents and wrapping paper, content with his fish :).
He did love this Toy Story tent equipped with a tunnel.
Loli'i's favorite was the wrapping paper. Check out the intensity in the right picture.
-How "HAPPY CHRISTMAS TREE" Evolved-
Part 1-My Iwi Boy LOVES Christmas. He loves seeing all the Christmas lights and decorations that we've been seeing everywhere. He'll spot something Christmasy, get SUPER excited, and say, "Mom, Christmas lights!" or "Christmas tree!". I think the tree was his FAVORITE. The word Christmas and the word tree automatically went hand in hand.
Part 2-Since we had two other holidays before Christmas, Iwi was used to saying "HAPPY Halloween" and "HAPPY Thanksgiving". When we started saying "MERRY Christmas", I think it didn't make sense to him.
Result-Whenever someone would tell him Merry Christmas, he would reply
"Happy Christmas....tree!" (said very excitedly). I love him!
We hope that you all had a wonderful, memorable Christmas!







1 comment:
LOL that is so funny. Ka'ihi said that too but his is Merry Christmas - tree. He just had to say "tree" everytime someone said "Christmas", no matter what the context.
Merry Christmas you guys!
Post a Comment