Monday, January 9, 2012

I LOVE My Job!

I really REALLY do LOVE my job.  It's not a glamorous job nor do I get to meet all kinds of different people or travel the globe BUT I wouldn't change it for the world.

I get to work with these little faces every day.

Don't let this faces fool you though.  They can make things challenging and some days are definitely better than others. They can turn my house upside down in record time, fight with each other non-stop all day long, refuse to listen and follow directions, sneak candy whenever they find it, talk back like it's 2nd nature, and cry and whine for days.  My job requires A LOT of patience and sometimes it's just plain ole HARD. 

With my NEVER ENDING to-do list, I love my form of payment.  I get paid in hugs and kisses, art work, smiles and giggles, "I love yous", naps (kids or my own :), cuddle time, massages (from Iwi and Na'u), and "thank yous".  All of which, melt my heart!

It really does take A LOT to be a mom.
I read this on facebook a few times and loved it.
"(insert your name)-Hates when you get the "You're JUST a Mom?" or "Do you ever work?" Uhhh yes, I am a Mom! That makes me an alarm clock, cook, maid, waitress, teacher, nurse, referee, handyman, security officer, photographer, counselor, chauffeur, event planner, body guard, hairdresser, personal assistant, ATM & I scare away the boogie man. I don't get holidays, sick pay or days off. I work through the DAY & NIGHT shift. I am on call 24/7 for the rest of my life & that's just with my first job... BEING A MOM! I may not be anything to you but I am everything to someone."
Sometimes I REALLY get overwhelmed with all my motherly duties but it's ALL worth it.  I've waited my whole life to be someones mom :). 
I am very blessed to be a MOTHER.  I have 3 BEAUTIFUL, HEALTHY children.  I feel so privileged that Heavenly Father sent them to me and Cameron.  I remember each of their births.  I remember what it took to bring them here.  I remember when I first held them in my arms. I remember how I felt in that moment and how I looked at them.  They are all special and unique in their own way.  I know that they are counting on me to take on my responsibilities head on.  I know the road won't be easy but I'm excited for what the future has in store for us.  I LOVE them so much!

3 comments:

Emily kikuchi said...

So sweet! I love the last pic. You are an awesome mom!

Beccarigg said...

Such a great post Lohi! I love that quote, "I may not be anything to you but I am everything to someone." So true!! "Mom" is the most important title I've ever had : )

p.s. love the smiley vs sad pictures in the beginning! So funny!

Jenn Miyamoto said...

Thanks for sharing this post Lohi! You're so good at your job!