Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Easter!

The kids woke up Easter morning and found their Easter baskets. Na'u was sooo excited. She said, "WOOOOOW mom! What is that?" But poor little thing had to pose with her basket when all she wanted to do was take everything out and play.



Iwi was very curious about the contents.



After our Easter lunch, the kids had an egg hunt. Every year we have a huge hunt that includes all the grown-ups but since it was raining and we didn't have that many adults, the kids (a total of 4) did an indoor hunt. Uncle David was giving them the hunt instructions. Each kid had their own color egg to look for so that everyone could find the same amount of eggs.



Na'u looked for the orange eggs.



Here great-grandma Julia is helping Na'u with an egg behind the picture. I thought it was so sweet.



Iwi looked for the green eggs. Na'u was such a good big sister in helping to find the oma'oma'o ones.



I was really bummed that we didn't have the BIG egg hunt. Monica (cousin-in-law) and I kept on bugging Uncle David to hide the golden egg again after the kids were finished with their hunt. He gave in when Cameron, Anthony, and Nickoma came over. When he gave the "ok" we all were running around the living rooms like we were kids again. We were crawling on all 4's, lifting heavy objects, and even digging in odd places. I'm happy to report that I found the golden egg. Uncle David was giving us hot and cold hints and it came down to Cameron and I. It was stuffed in a pack of unopened toilet paper, in the center of one of the rolls. I am going down in the egg hunt archives as the 2010 golden egg finder. They really do have a list of all the past winners that goes back to when Cameron was a little boy. I thought that that was really neat.


Yes...Na'u is playing "lip tick" with the candy she just found.



For dessert, I made this Easter cake.


It turned out a little different from what I originally thought but I like it. The eggs, flowers, and bunny are decorated sugar cookies. I wanted to refresh my decorating skills and this is what I came up with. I give so much credit to all those professional cake people for their artistic eye, intricate skills, and PATIENCE. Decorating a cake takes a long time...well for me anyways because I'm just a newbie but hopefully I can get more experience under my belt.


Although eggs and treats are fun, it is not the reason for this season. We are so grateful for our Savior and his Atonement. Without His love and sacrifice, we wouldn't have the chance to return home.

We hope everyone had a wonderful Easter with lots of food, family, and fun!

9 comments:

Amalie said...

cute pics! your kids are looking so grown up:)

Clarke & Lia said...

Super cute blog Lohi... Congratulations on finding the golden egg. I hope my name is on the golden egg finder list. I can't remember what year it was, but boy did it feel great!!

Clarke & Lia said...

Nice one, Lohi. BTW, your cake making skills are pretty darn impressive - woot woot!!

And just for the record, MY name better be on the list too. You are officially the winner of the first indoor easter egg hunt that's for sure!

How much was in the golden egg? Was there a silver egg too?

We also had an egg hunt for all the kids this year (indoor as well). Each kid had 24 eggs (with Lia as the designated candy filler and egg color organizer).

Gotta admit though, its been YEARS since we have been home for Easter....I really miss beating all you guys at finding the golden egg - LOL!

But our Xmas fag gag was a hit. We might just have to resurrect that one being that Chris and Channy have moved back home.

Anywhoo, this post ended up being way too long. Keep up the blog updates!

Clarke (The original golden egg winner)

Sherene said...

Nice cake Lohi! I'm impressed! Wish we were there to compete for the golden egg, I've been hearing about it for years! ;)

Mike (of Mike and Sherene) said...

Gotta love the usage of the jack-o-lantern for Na'u's basket.

Aho, Gabs, Waiola, and Kupa'a said...

Yay! So glad you found the golden egg. That's always the best part of the hunt. I'm sorry we missed it. But, the cake turned out awesome. Wanna do my finale cake for course 2? I hate to say it, but you might be on your own for course 3. ;)

Crystal said...

LOVE your cake! And your easter baskets were soooo cute:) I love the idea of decorating your cake w/ sugar cookies. It looked YUMMY! You're sooooo talented Lohi:) So inspiring!!

Tina said...

So cute Lohi! And I do cakes all the time now with my business and it still takes a long time! Looks great

Beccarigg said...

Genius idea to have the kids assigned specific colors of eggs to find! I'm totally going to do that next year! Love all the pics and I agree with everyone else, your cake looks AWESOME!