Last week we fed Loli'i some rice cereal for the first time.
"Hmmm...I'm not sure how I feel about this."
"Which tastes better? Food or fist?"
"Ah, Mom?! More please!"
"I like this stuff."
I just wanted to throw this picture in because you can see how long his eye lashes are. I love them!
By the end of the feeding, it seemed as if Loli'i couldn't get enough. When he saw that spoon coming, he grabbed it and shoved it in his mouth.
We were so excited to start feeding Loli'i food and he really started getting the hang of it.
By the 2nd time feeding him, I would say "ah" for him to open up and he did. I think this boy was soooo ready to eat.
But then....
....my poor baby broke out in hives a day later.
Loli'i didn't seem different in behavior and he didn't have a fever (thank goodness) but he had hives all over his arms and legs. They pretty much lasted the whole day. I thought it was weird that he broke out a day after we started feeding him. I figure that if someone was allergic to something, they would react soon after eating or getting into contact with it. But, this was the only thing that I could think of that changed. Doc said hives could last up to a week and in the mean time to just stop feeding him rice cereal. She thought it was also weird that he mostly got them on his limbs because in most cases hives would show up on the torso too. As of now, his hives are all pau. I hope we don't run into any more bumps in the road.




2 comments:
He's sooo cute! Hopefully we will be able to meet him sometime soon! It's too bad he broke out in hives, that's no fun. At 4mo. Didi had a bad reaction to watermelon. He never ate it, but someone who did touched him and he broke out so bad. Luckily he can eat it now with no bad reaction. As for our "Halloween Juice" I put in...
Organic Carrots, organic cabbage, organic celery, organic apple, organic ginger, organic spinach, and oranges.
The colors and look came upon on accident. It was bitter from the week old cabbage. We juice everyday, but I post some of the juice on facebook every now and then. You can check it out. :)
Oh no! Poor little man! Food allergies are no fun. Brinley was allergic to egg whites and Cam has had a reaction to peanut butter. Brinley grew out of her allergy so I'm hoping Cam will do the same.
He's such a cute little chunkster! Love those long lashes : )
Post a Comment