On December 10th, Na'u had a Christmas performance with her school. Luckily, her class was the last one to go because we made it there just in time. We jumped out of the car and headed to the gym and her class was already lined up. All the kids were ready to go with their matching santa shirts made by Mrs. Cheryl and matching santa hats made by some of the parents.
They performed "Up on the Housetop" by the Jackson Five and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".
I kept on asking her before the performance to show me the dance and she wouldn't budge. The only thing she told me was that they shake their bums and yep, they sure did some bum shakes. We noticed that the more "active" ones were towards the middle of the line-up and guess who was smack dab in the middle :)? The boy to the right of Na'u was SUPER cute too.
I LOVE her teachers!
![]() |
| L: Ms. Kathy R: Ms. Kelly & Ms. Cheryl |
Na'u right after her performance. Singing and dancing sure takes a lot out of you :).
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
On December 21, we went and spent some time with the Tuitele side because Cameron's cousin, Jr Boy, and his family from Colorado came to visit.
Here on the left is Grandma Jewell with some of her great-grand kids. Next is Jr and his family. I think it's so neat when great-grandparents are still around. As of now, my kids have 2 greats left...one from Cameron's side and one from mine.
Us with Great-Grandma Jewell.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
For all of December, I'd been wanting to make a gingerbread house. I got everything to make it (from the cardboard box to the graham crackers) but with everyone getting sick, we lost over a week to do Christmas-ey things. The gingerbread house took the back burner with all the shopping that needed to be done. I was SUPER happy when we got a gingerbread house kit from my cousins, the Filiaga's (THANK YOU), for Christmas.
The kids loved it especially the frosting. I think Iwi contributed 2 candies on the house and just ate the frosting the rest of the time. Although it was fun, I think I was a little nuts and particular where everything went. I think I need to work on that and just let loose :).
I think it came out pretty cute!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
We went to check out "the big" santa at Honolulu Hale. I love that Santa is shaka- ing with no boots on.
The Kung Fu Panda exhibit was Iwi's favorite and Na'u got to go on a ride. Poor Iwi was so sad.
They both got their face painted. Na'u LOVED her hello kitty face and was crushed when she had to wash it off.
There was this new giant postcard put-your-head-in-the-hole display. It was really cute but I wish I knew I had Loli'i on a girl's body...ooops!
I'm glad we got to do most of the Christmas-ey things I wanted to do even if it was after Christmas. I love the holidays! There are so many fun things to do.






1 comment:
I love that Na'u was smack dab in the middle shaking her thing! lol! She'll be great in Living Legends : ) Also so cute how she passed out afterwards, always a sign of good times. Also too funny that you put Loli'i's head on a girl's body! You can use it for blackmail when he's a teenager : )
Post a Comment