Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Water and Ice

Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park

We are so lucky! We went to the water park 2 fridays in a row. First time around, we went with my (Lohi) family for Ka'ohu's 10th birthday and Keola's last chance at the H2O park before leaving on his mission. The second trip was made because the Maui Tuitele's and Akinaka's were visiting Oahu for their ward temple trip. Na'u had a blast...she LOVES the water. Thank you to both families for watching baby Na'u for a bit while Cameron and I rode some rides. We had so much fun!








These two spouts in the kiddy pool were Na'u's favorites. She couldn't get enough of them.


There were two water spouts coming up from the ground. Na'u kept on walking back and forth playing with each one. Thank you spouts for keeping her entertained.

She even went down this little slide with both mommy, daddy, and papa Ipo. She was scared on some of the runs....which explains her expression in the above photo.



Here is Kailea and Myla posing for a picture while Ka'ohu and Ava slide down the yellow slide.








Kayla and Teija enjoyed sliding down the giant green slide. Click on Teija's picture to check out her expression :).



We rode everything that was open but this was the first time we went on a new ride...the Tornado. It's a huge, red, funnel shaped ride. It's kind of like the Shaka but with 4 people. FYI-I think the Shaka is scarier :).


Ice Palace

To keep the kiddies entertained, the Maui Tui's and Akinaka's planned to go to the Ice Palace. Both Cameron and I haven't skated in years. This was the perfect chance for us to prove that we still got it. We didn't even fall once :).


Too bad Cameron and I had to skate in shifts. One would hold Na'u while the other played on the ice. We could only squeeze in one lap together.


Ava stayed with us so that she could go too. She was hesitant at first but got the hang of it pretty fast.

She did fall a few times and we just happen to catch this one. She caught the wall on the way down :).


Here the little kids are watching a movie on the side. Three of them were too small to skate.


We had sooo much fun. Even though we live here on Oahu where all these attractions are open and available to us...we end up doing things only when family and friends are in town. We love spending time with all of you so you have to visit us more often. It's the only way to get us out of the house :).

8 comments:

Chris and Channy said...

fun fun! ice palace sounds like good fun...i haven't been in AGES. well lohi, i hope that you and na'u will be able to join the kids and i on some of our excursions when we come home. i have so much i wanna do with them. can't wait to see you guys...probably this weekend. love you all!

Sherene said...

M refuses to go to the waterpark in HI, I will have to go with you guys. Myla is so big! We are jealous we couldn't be there. ;(

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

I'm so glad you got around to posting something new. Gotta say... seeing Na'u's pink eye for a month was kinda sad. :)

Wish you were here for our party!Maybe next year? :)

HaYn Mama said...

FUN! Ice Palace. . . too many fond childhood memories!!!

The water park looks like too much fun. Makes Seven Peaks look like caca!

That's it we're moving back tomorrow. . . well after we sell our house and Piko gets outta the AF. . .that'll be in a few more tomorrows than we want.

Aho, Gabs, Waiola, and Kupa'a said...

Ok...We NEED to go and do these things together. Aho and I are dying to go to the water park and we haven't been ice skating in forever too. But I just love all of your pictures. I think Na'u at the spouts is the best. I can just picture her running back and forth. Hope you guys had fun on your date!

Clarke & Lia said...

Yay!!! I must agree with George and Jenny that "O'leis" pink eye was getting pretty boring... Thank you for posting and I'm proud that we're a part of it :)
Good times. My kids are back in school, but wishing they were still there with you guys.
I could use a shave ice right now :)
See you in a few months.
Lia

Beccarigg said...

I'm so jealous that you guys went to a water park in October! It is way too cold out here to do that! That's awesome that Na'u had so much fun at the kiddie pools! Those things are the best!

Megan Akinaka said...

aunty megan is SUPER jealous! and wishes she could have been in some of the pictures or at least the photographer!
oh, and i LOVE the pic of kailea and myla... so funny. if i didn't know better, i don't think i would believe they were related. and second cause i think, "oh look, angel and rascal side by side" =)
...wish i were there!